WANDSWORTH TOWN OSTEOPATHY TERMS & CONDITIONS
Wandsworth Town Osteopathy will do their best to ensure the accuracy of all the information within this website. All content It is subject to change without notice.
The original content, features and functionality are, and will remain, the exclusive property of Wandsworth Town Osteopathy and its licensors.
Links to other websites
www.wandsworthtownosteopathy.co.uk may contain links to third-party websites or services that are not owned or controlled by Wandsworth Town Osteopathy. Wandsworth Town Osteopathy has no control over, and assumes no responsibility for the content, privacy, policies, or practices of any third party websites or services. You further acknowledge and agree that Wandsworth Town Osteopathy shall not be responsible or liable, directly or indirectly, for any damage or loss caused or alleged to be caused by or in connection with use of, or reliance on any such content, goods or services available on or through any such websites or services.
No Warranty, Disclaimer or Liability and Indemnity
Wandsworth Town Osteopathy makes no warranty concerning the content, products and services available on this website. In no event will Wandsworth Town Osteopathy or its suppliers be liable for direct, special, incidental, or consequential damages (including, without limitation, damages for loss of business profits, business interruption, loss of business information or other pecuniary loss) arising directly or indirectly from the use of (or failure to use) or reliance on this website. Wandsworth Town Osteopathy does not guarantee the accuracy, content, or timeliness of the products and services available on this website.
We aim to keep the online bookings page up to date at all times, but if a discrepancy does arise please contact us directly. As expressed we will endeavour to find appointment times to suit you, however appointments made that are not initially available online will be at the discretion of the Osteopath booking them on your behalf. We reserve the right to refuse treatment at any time.
Children under 16
Children under 16 must have a chaperone in attendance. Please email email@example.com for more information.
Cancellation and did not attend policy
Wandsworth Town Osteopathy operates a 24 hour cancellation policy. If you cancel within 24 hours of your appointment, you may be charged 50% of the price of the service as stated on the website at the time of booking. In the event that you do not turn up for your appointment you will be charged 100% of the service as stated on the website at the time of booking. We do not enforce the policy if you are cancelling because of COVID 19 symptoms or contact, if the onset or incidence was within the 24 hours.
Initial consultations last up to 60 minutes and all follow ups appointments are up to 40 minutes. In each appointment you will receive approximately 30 minutes of hands on treatment depending on your symptoms.
If you arrive more than 10 minutes late for an appointment you may be refused treatment due to the time constraints of subsequent appointment start times. Please note that if you are treated the treatment may have to be cut short due to the above reason. You will be made aware of this on arrival. No discounts shall be given for late arrivals and / or resulting shortened treatments.
Paediatric non – treatment situations
Treating children may be difficult on occasions and if the child becomes too distressed to treat in the time frame of the appointment you may be discounted the cost – the amount is at the discretion of the practitioner and is on a case by case basis.
Home visits – Paediatric patients only
Home visits may be available on request for babies at an extra fee. Please email for more information if you require this service.
We don’t guarantee treatment success – please see our Q&A section for further information.
There may be reactions to treatment, including soreness on the area worked on. These reactions are rare and if they do occur should only last a short period of time, please see our Q&A section for further information.
We ask you to bring up any complaints with your practitioner first and we will endeavour to put right what you feel has gone wrong, if you still feel that you would like to move forward with a complaint then the clinic will guide you through this.
Online consultations are available for Nutritional Therapy only. Prices and times are the same as face to face consultations. Payment can be made by bank transfer. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
All payments are taken at the end of each appointment at the clinic.
Please be aware that if you arrive to your appointment and are suffering from a contagious illness or contagious skin condition you will be refused treatment, with the health of our practitioners and other patients in mind.
Please see our Shockwave Therapy page to see the contraindications to Shockwave treatments. If a patent has a chronic achilles tendinopathy, there is naturally a very high incidence of rupture regardless of the use of Shockwave or other treatments. It should be understood and agreed that there is no evidence of Shockwave Therapy resulting in tendon rupture.
Pre – Natal Treatments
We are happy to treat throughout every term of pregnancy, but we advise each patient to ask their consultant / midwife first.
Promotional codes or discount codes must be quoted when booking an appointment. A code can only be used once by an individual unless otherwise stated. No code can be used in conjunction with any other offer or promotion. Promotions cannot be used in conjunction with patients receiving treatment under their insurance company policy.
Letter requests / referrals
In the event that you request a headed letter from one of our practitioners in order for referral or legal reasons, we reserve the right to charge up to £30 per letter.
We are registered with multiple insurance companies such as BUPA, Vitality, Cigna, Helix, Simply Health, WPA, Aviva, Westfield and Health Shield as well as many others. If you are claiming through insurance, with the exception of BUPA healthcare, you must pay upfront in full after your treatment. Wandsworth Town Osteopathy will then provide you with a detailed invoice, via email, in order for you to submit to your insurance company and be reimbursed directly by them. We will not be able to submit these invoices on your behalf. It is recommended that you contact your health insurance provider first for confirmation that your policy covers treatment. We accept no liability for payment shortfalls in relation to our standard fees (as advertised on this website) when claiming.
Please note Western Acupuncture may not be covered by many insurance companies as we are regulated by the General Osteopathic Council and not the British Acupuncture Association.
Below are some examples why your insurance company may not pay an invoice after having received treatment.
- As with most kinds of insurance policy it is likely that you may have an excess. Your insurance company may take this excess rather than pay your treatment.
- You may have reached your maximum benefit. If your policy limit is £250 and the value of your treatment sessions goes over this you will have to pay the outstanding amount.
- Your insurance company may decide to limit the number of treatment sessions you are allowed. If so you will need to pay for all treatment sessions outstanding.
- Your insurance company may not allow you to have 2 appointments on the same day.
- If you do not have the relevant authorisation, or if your employer has to authorise treatment, then you may not have this benefit available until it is authorised. If so you will need to pay for treatment until this is resolved.
We are happy to invoice on your behalf for all Osteopathic treatment claims to BUPA. Dominic Johnson is the only practitioner at Wandsworth Town Osteopathy that is BUPA registered. Please be aware that you may be billed for your excess by Wandsworth Town Osteopathy directly if it is outstanding and you have received treatment.
We ask you to make the clinic aware that BUPA will be providing payment when you book your appointment, either by notifying reception, emailing the clinic or by adding it to the notes on the online booking system. Please note you may be refused treatment if you have not informed the clinic beforehand.
Before you come in for your initial appointment you must present your up to date membership / policy number and any injury pre-authorisation number from your insurance company. You must also present your policy limitations i.e. your excess amount and the amount of money or the number of sessions that has been approved, along with details of any co-insurance policies. If you do not provide these details pre-appointment you may be refused treatment until this has been provided.
If BUPA rejects a payment due to the limitations of your policy, you will need to pay Wandsworth Town Osteopathy the raised invoice. In most instances where payment has been rejected you will need to contact the insurance company yourself due to data protection.
We currently are not taking AXA/PPP healthcare patients.
Other insurance companies
We require upfront payment for treatment for all other insurance companies and will issue you with a detailed invoice as described above in order for you to reclaim the cost from your provider. We accept no liability for payment shortfall in relation to our standard fees (as advertised on this website) when claiming.
Covid – 19 update – infection control policy
Below is the clinic’s infection control policy with regards to reducing the potential spread of Covid 19 in the clinic.
Changes to the Clinic
- Any cotton towels used to be washed at over 60 degrees celsius.
- Wipeable pillow cases implemented and fabric couch covers removed.
- No waiting in reception by practitioners or patients.
- Hand sanitiser available on entrance to clinic.
- Patients asked to wear masks unless exempt.
- Gaps between patients to allow social distancing between patient crossover where possible.
- All payments and discussions to happen in the clinic room only.
- Paper towels used for hand drying in rooms.
Changes to Booking Process
- Screening of all patients prior to treatment for any Covid 19 symptoms in the last 14 days or any contact with anyone who has shown Covid 19 symptoms in the last 14 days.
- Triaging of all patients prior to treatment in case they fall into high or moderate risk groups with advise given appropriately – High risk categories will not be seen.
- Asking patients to arrive on time and not too early.
- Asking patients to sign a disclaimer reading screening and understanding the infection control policies of Wandsworth Town Osteopathy and its practitioners.
Changes to Treatments
- Each practitioner, where possible, will use full PPE (personal protective equipment) according to PHE’s (Public Health England) advice regarding osteopathy treatments. This includes disposable gloves, disposable aprons and an IIR mask.
- A change of clothes between each patient alongside washing hands before, during and after treatments, while wearing the minimum advisable mask (IIR) may be used as an alternative in certain circumstances where gloves and aprons are not available or appropriate.
- PPE to be donned and doffed within the clinic treatment room.
- Asking patients to wear masks throughout treatments, unless exempt or struggling with breathing while lying prone.
Changes to Clinic Cleaning
- Cleaning the clinic after each patient; consisting of wiping down every surface the patient has come into contact with to the best of our ability. Using alcohol wipes, bleach, soapy water or antibacterial sprays.
- Aerating the treatment room after each patient – including turning on extractor fans in treatment room and opening doors.
- Double bagging disposable PPE waste and leaving for at least 72 hours before removing.
- Deep cleaning all surfaces at the end of the day.
Changes to Practitioner Protocols
- Changing into clinic clothing at the clinic at beginning of the day and changing out of clinic clothing at end of the day.
- Washing hands and forearms extensively before, during and after every patient.
- Changing disposal gloves after touching any surface and before touching patient.
- Correct removal and disposal of PPE after each patient according to advice by PHE.
- If a practitioner develops symptoms of Covid 19 they will self isolate for 14 days and inform patients seen within 2 days prior to symptom onset.
Screening and Disclaimer form
Below is the triage form we ask every patient before treatment
Please tick if answer is Yes
Infection Screen / High Risk Screen
- I have tested positive of Covid 19 within the last 14 days
- I have developed symptoms of Covid 19 within the last 14 days
- I have been in close contact with someone exhibiting symptoms of Covid 19 within the last 14 days
- I have been in close contact with someone who has recently tested positive of Covid 19 within the last 14 days
If answering Yes to the above section unfortunately we will be unable to treat you and recommend you return home to self isolate as per the government guidelines.
High Risk Screen
- I have received a letter from the NHS asking me to self-isolate
- I have had an organ transplant
- I am undergoing cancer treatment
- I have had a bone marrow or stem cell transplant within last 6 months
- I have a severe respiratory condition
- My immune system is compromised in some way
- I am pregnant with a heart condition
- I have visited countries that require 10 days quarantine in the last 2 weeks
- I have vulnerable condition which was added to the shielding / self isolating list on 16/02/21
If answering Yes to the above section, unfortunately we may not be able to treat you until the advice changes regarding high risk and vulnerable categories, we highly advise you return home and self isolate.
Moderate Risk Screen
- I am aged over 60
- I am pregnant
- I have a less than severe respiratory condition
- I have a disease of the heart, liver or kidney
- I am diabetic
- I have a neurological disease
- I have a condition, or medication, that makes you at high risk of developing infections
- I have a very high BMI (kg/m2 of over 40)
If answering Yes to the above section please be aware that the risk of Covid 19 in terms of the incidence of infection and adverse effects to you is much greater than in the normal population, and that by being in a clinical setting your risk of contracting the disease is higher than if you are to self isolate at home. We will only treat in cases of emergencies or necessity, meaning that your alternative to treatment would be to look elsewhere for pain relief such as your GP or the NHS.
By signing below you confirm you are happy that you have read and understood the infection control policy and understand that Wandsworth Town Osteopathy are doing what they are able to combat the Covid 19 spread in the clinic. You understand the risks of treatment and waive any liability of Wandsworth Town Osteopathy and its practitioners for transmission of Covid 19 and any liability regarding their interpretation of the use of public protection equipment (PPE) and infection control cleaning.